Educational Bulletins and Publications
Extension educational bulletins and publications are sold in the office, however, please call ahead for availability. You can also search for and order bulletins at our MSU Extension Bookstore Publications (http://shop.msu.edu/category_s/345.htm)
Commercial Soil Testing
Soil boxes for sample collection cannot be ordered online but can be purchased at the office at a cost of $12 each. You'll receive a Soil Sample Information form to complete and send with you samples to the MSU Extension Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratoory. Test results will be interpreted by an agricultural Extension educator. To understand your soil test results go online at the MSU Soil Test.com (http://msusoiltest.com)
Home, Yard and Garden
Toll-Free Lawn and Garden Hotline: 1-888-678-3464 (1-888-MSUE-4MI)
- Hotline is staffed by MSU Extension Consumer Horticulture Educators and Master Gardener volunteers.
- The Hotline is available weekdays 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. April thru October. The rest of the year it is available 9 a.m. - noon. When calling this number please make sure to use option #1 for the Lawn and Garden Helpline.
- Locally, the Kalamazoo County Master Gardener Helpline may be reached at 269-384-8056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave a message and the Master Gardener volunteers will return your call or email.
Home Soil Test Kit
Available to purchase for $25 or order online at MSU Extension Bookstore (http://shop.msu.edu/product_p/pulletin-e3154.htm) - Bulletin E-3154 Note: You must provide an email address as results will be sent directly to you via email. If you would like help interpreting test results, call our statewide Lawn and Garden Helpline at 1-888-678-3464, option 1 or Kalamazoo County Master Gardener Helpline at 269-384-8056.
Pesticide Applicator Program; Certification, Training, Exams and Manuals
Certification and Training
- MSU Extension Pesticide Training & Certification
- Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Developemtn (MDARD)
Manuals for Certification Training
- Can be purchased at the office with check or cash, however, please call ahead to make sure they are in stock.
- MSU Extension Bookstore - can be purchased online with credit card
Food Preservation: Pressure Cooker Gauge Testing
Call to make an appointment to drop off the canner with a nutrition instructor at (269) 383-8830.