Packaging building construction update fall 2022
School of Packaging (SoP) renovated classrooms on schedule to open January 2023.
As students returned to campus this fall, they likely didn’t recognize the Packaging Building on Wilson Road. More than $10 million in gifts are behind an ongoing construction project to transform the building that houses the School of Packaging.
Courtyard skylights are scheduled to be in place by homecoming, new furniture has been ordered and renovated classrooms are on schedule to be open for classes in January 2023.
Updates to the building include:
- A 5,700 square feet addition to the Packaging Building with another 14,000 square feet of renovations.
- Upgraded labs and bathrooms.
- A new enclosed courtyard designed for student collaboration.
- Modern technology and equipment.
- Renovated classroom and office configurations to spark ideation and creativity.
Watch the live video feed of the construction progress, provided by Christman Construction.