4-H Market Livestock
THE OCEANA COUNTY 4-H VIRTUAL AUCTION WILL TAKE PLACE MONDAY, AUGUST 24TH- WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26TH. THEY WILL END ON THE 26TH AT: Swine 8:00 p.m., Lambs 9:00 p.m., Beef 10:00 p.m. and Small/Junior Market at 10:00 p.m.
TO REGISTER FOR THE 2020 4-H MARKET LIVESTOCK VIRTUAL AUCTIONS PLEASE CALL 231-873-2129, EMAIL VANBERG2@MSU.EDU OR YOU MAY REGISTER YOURSELF AT:
To participate in the 4-H Market Livestock Program, youth are required to adhere to project rules and regulations established for each animal project. We encourage youth who might be thinking about joining the 4-H Market Livestock Program to review the
project rules and if they should have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.
Applications and Rules and Regulations for 2019-2020
- Lamb Requirements 2019/2020
- Lamb Application 2019/2020
- Steer Requirements 2019/2020
- Steer Application 2019/2020
- Swine Requirements 2019/2020
- Swine Application 2019/2020
Little Buddy Applications and Rules and Regulations for 2019-2020
- Lamb Requirements Little Buddy 2019/2020
- Little Buddy Lamb Application 2019/2020
- Swine Requirements Little Buddy 2019/2020
- Little Buddy Swine Application 2019/2020
Additional Rules and Guidelines
Market Residency Affidavit (must be turned in with applications)
About_Record_Keeping.pdf All 4-H market animal project members must complete a record book for their 4-H project every year. The type of records you keep will depend on the kind of 4-H project you have. The record book is a guideline for you. If you would like an electronic version in Word let the office know and one can be emailed to you.
Below you will find the various Market Livestock notebooks for the Beef, Swine and Lamb projects. These notebooks must be completed by each member enrolled in the specific projects. Notebooks must be presented to the weigh-in assistant on Entry Day at the Oceana County Fair at the time your animal is being weighed.
Make sure that your notebook is the correct one; the previous year’s notebook will not be accepted at the fair. Check your dates! All of the notebooks also need the club meeting/non-club point list attached to the end of it. Youth 5-7 years-old do not need to do the non-club point page.
Large Mkt Club/Nonclub point attendance sheet 2020 (Needs to be at the end of every notebook)
2019/2020 Market Livestock Committee:
- President: Jack Woller
- Vice President: Lindsey Merten
- Secretary/Treasurer: Kim Mischler
- Youth Reps: Morgan Herremans (beef), Brandon Macher (lambs), Alexis Mischler (swine)
- South Reps: Kim Mischler, Sara Egeler, Jack Woller
- North Reps: Ryan VanderZwaag, Eric Whitaker, Whitney Hintz
- Business Rep: MarySue Mahan, Lindsey Merten,
- Beef Showmanship Resource
- Lamb Showmanship Resource
- Swine Showmanship Resource
- 2020 MDARD Exhibition Requirements for Livestock Exhibited in Michigan
- Upcoming Shows/Events offered by MSU
- MSU Pavilion
- MSU Kettunen Center Workshops - You will register yourself. The link has directions on how to register online and pay by credit card. Remember that after returning from the workshop, if you share what you learned with either Youth Council or your club (or even another club), Youth Council will refund your registration fees.