MSUE has transitioned to the new travel system, Concur. Concur is a travel and expense system that is meant to help streamline the travel process for Michigan State University. Travelers and travel arrangers will find their travel profiles, pre-trip requests, travel booking, receipt management, and travel expense reporting in Concur.
Beginning January 1, 2020, ALL travel requests and expenses must be entered in Concur. Log into EBS with your netID and password and click on the Travel and Expense SAP Concur tile.
Action Required of All MSU Extension Employees:
- Update your profile in Concur. View video.
- Add the TAs as delegates in Concur. View video.
- Accept your in-state blanket request in Concur. View video.
A Blanket Request for in-state travel for January 1, 2020 through June 30, 2020 has been processed on your behalf and routed to you for review and approval. You will need to change the ‘destination’ to the location of your primary office. Multiple Expense Reports can be processed related to this blanket request, therefore, it should remain open.
- Controller's Website
- MSU Travel
- MSU Rental Vehicle Policy
- Reimbursement Chart
- Object code quick reference sheet
- MSU Manual Business Procedures
All employees must have a travel profile created in Concur. Click here for a quick reference guide on how to get started.
Setting up account Delegates: In order to help facilitate the processing of Travel Requests and Travel Expenses, it is important for you (all MSU Extension employees) to add the MSU Extension Business Office Transaction Assistants as your delegates in the system (click here for User Guide).
To add a delegate: Log into EBS and select the Concur tile. Go to Profile then Profile Settings and select Expense Delegates under Expense Settings. Click Add and type in the MSU employee email address you wish to be your delegate.
If you have other individuals that prepare your travel requests and expense reimbursements, you can add these individuals as well. You will need to add the following individuals (use the person’s MSU NetID when adding):
- Rachel Hiatt (hiatt1)
- Hope Wolcott (costel38)
- Sheila Mead (meads)
- Judy Lentz-Bishop (lentzbis)
- Fernando Ortiz II (ortizfer)
Once you’ve navigated to the delegate section of your travel profile you will add the individuals above and then ensure the following boxes are selected:
- Can Prepare – select
- Can Submit Requests – select
- Can View Receipts – select
- Can Use Reports – N/A
- Receives Email – don't select
- Can Approve – don't select
- Can Approve Temporary – don't select
- Can Preview for Approver – don’t select
- Receives Approval Emails – don't select
The delegates will be able to see your home address and emergency contact information, as this information is required in your travel profile. If you do not add the Transaction Assistants as delegates to your Travel Profile, you will be expected to submit all Travel Requests and Expenses on your own behalf, and they will be limited in their ability to assist you in trouble shooting issues if they arise.
In-State Travel Expenses: There are a couple options on how to submit travel expenses related to in-state travel expenses:
- You can enter the travel expenses directly into Concur yourself:
- Each trip can be its own expense in a monthly expense report by using the Concur mileage tool within the expense report or
- The new travel log can be used to lump monthly mileage into one mileage expense in Concur. The travel log will contain all the details such as date, destination, miles and business purpose and will be attached in Concur.
- You can email the transaction assistants the travel log to prepare the expense report on your behalf:
- The new travel log must be used. Please use the travel log to document your in-state travel mileage and other monthly expenses as of January 1, 2020. You will submit your monthly in-state travel expenses to BusOffice@campusad.msu.edu and your institute transaction assistant will create your Expense Report in Concur Travel and Expense. Once the TA has entered the Expense Report in Concur Travel and Expense, the Expense Report will route to you for review and submission in Concur; you will receive an email notification from AutoNotification@concursolutions.com.
The following resources and guides are available to assist you in the process of adding delegates and submitting a travel request:
- MSUE Concur Travel Videos
- MSUE Concur Travel Videos Quick References
- Concur Travel and Expense User Guides
- Concur- Making a Request (39:07)
- Concur- Arrangers and Delegates (6:30)
- Concur- Expense Reports (35:19)
- Business Purpose Examples
- Travel Expense Report (TER) & Pre-Trip Authorization - only to be used for in-state travel through December 31, 2019.
- HNI Travel Expense Report (HNI TER) & Pre-Trip Authorization (For use by Health & Nutrition Institute ONLY) - only to be used for in-state travel through December 31, 2019.
- Travel Log - use for in-state travel beginning January 1, 2020.