MSUE is transitioning to the new travel system, Concur. Concur is a travel and expense system that is meant to help streamline the travel process for Michigan State University. Travelers and travel arrangers will find their travel profiles, pre-trip requests, travel booking, receipt management, and travel expense reporting in Concur.
Go live for the system is September 27, 2019. This means that any travel (out-of-state, international, volunteers, guest speakers, etc.) that does not already have an associated pre-trip travel authorization form signed on September 27th will have to route through the new Concur system.
MSUE has an in-state travel authorization in place through December 31, 2019 to cover in-state travel, so continue to route via currently established procedures; track your mileage and other associated travel expenses on the TER and submit according to your established procedures.
- Controller's Website
- MSU Travel
- Reimbursement Chart
- Object code quick reference sheet
- MSU Manual Business Procedures
All employees must have a travel profile created in Concur. Click here for a quick reference guide on how to get started.
Setting up account Delegates: In order to help facilitate the processing of Travel Requests and Travel Expenses, it is important for you (all MSU Extension employees) to add the MSU Extension Business Office Transaction Assistants as your delegates in the system (click here for User Guide).
To add a delegate: Log into EBS and select the Concur tile. Go to Profile then Profile Settings and select Expense Delegates under Expense Settings. Click Add and type in the MSU employee email address you wish to be your delegate.
If you have other individuals that prepare your travel requests and expense reimbursements, you can add these individuals as well. You will need to add the following individuals (use the person’s MSU NetID when adding):
- Rachel Hiatt (hiatt1)
- Hope Wolcott (costel38)
- Sheila Mead (meads)
- Judy Lentz-Bishop (lentzbis)
- Fernando Ortiz II (ortizfer)
Once you’ve navigated to the delegate section of your travel profile you will add the individuals above and then ensure the following boxes are selected:
- Can Prepare – select
- Can Submit Requests – select
- Can View Receipts – select
- Can Use Reports – N/A
- Receives Email – don't select
- Can Approve – don't select
- Can Approve Temporary – don't select
- Can Preview for Approver – don’t select
- Receives Approval Emails – don't select
The delegates will be able to see your home address and emergency contact information, as this information is required in your travel profile. If you do not add the Transaction Assistants as delegates to your Travel Profile, you will be expected to submit all Travel Requests and Expenses on your own behalf, and they will be limited in their ability to assist you in trouble shooting issues if they arise.
The following resources and guides are available to assist you in the process of adding delegates and submitting a travel request:
- Concur Travel and Expense User Guides
- Concur- Making a Request (39:07)
- Concur- Arrangers and Delegates (6:30)
- Concur- Expense Reports (35:19)
- Business Purpose Examples
- Travel Expense Report (TER) & Pre-Trip Authorization - only to be used for in-state travel through December 31, 2019.
- HNI Travel Expense Report (HNI TER) & Pre-Trip Authorization (For use by Health & Nutrition Institute ONLY) - only to be used for in-state travel through December 31, 2019.