Laura Miles, M.S.
Overview of current program:
I develop and validate new molecular tools and techniques for use in MSU Plant & Pest Diagnostics to facilitate plant pathogen and pest detection. I work with an experienced team of diagnosticians to identify causes of plant disease and pest-related problems. I also develop and deploy educational programs on plant biosecurity, the role of plant disease and pest diagnostics, and the role and mission of MSU Plant & Pest Diagnostics.
- Press C. M., Fieland V. J., Creswell T., Bonkowski J., Miles L. A., and Grünwald N. J. 2020. First report of the NA2 clonal lineage of Phytophthora ramorum in Indiana. Plant Dis. Published online DOI: 10.1094/PDIS-12-19-2543-PDN
- Miles T. D., Miles L. A., Fairchild K. L., and Wharton P.S. 2014. Screening and characterization of resistance to succinate dehydrogenase inhibitors in Alternaria solani. Plant Pathol. 63:155-164. DOI: 10.1111/ppa.12077
- Miles T. D., Woodhall J. W., Miles L. A., and Wharton P.S. 2013. First report of a binucleate Rhizoctonia (AG-A) from potato stems infecting potatoes and sugar beet in the Pacific Northwest. Plant Dis. 97:1657. DOI: 10.1094/PDIS-03-13-0292-PDN
- Miles L. A., Miles T. D., Kirk W. W., and Schilder A. M. C. 2012. Strobilurin (QoI) resistance in populations of Erysiphe necator on grapes in Michigan. Plant Dis. 96:1621-1628. DOI: 10.1094/PDIS-01-12-0041-RE
- Miles L. A., Lopera C. A., González S., Cepero de García M. C., Franco A. E., and Restrepo S. 2012. Exploring the biocontrol potential of fungal endophytes from an Andean Colombian paramo ecosystem. BioControl 57: 697-710. DOI: 10.1007/s10526-012-9442-6
Published on May 13, 2022
Published on April 26, 2022
Published on June 29, 2021
Published on April 28, 2021
Published on November 30, 2020
Published on September 11, 2020
Published on June 2, 2020
Published on April 27, 2020