Loaded Potato Pierogi
Loaded Potato Pierogis are a smash hit for any meal or snack!
Numer of Servings: 10 Servings (1 Piece Per Serving)
Calories per Serving: 200
- 1 Cup Bean Flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Lb peeled potatoes
- 2 Oz Butter
- 2 Oz Half and Half
- 2 Oz Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Oz Bacon
- 1/2 Oz Sliced Green Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- Prepare pierogi dough by whisking eggs and water, then incorporating flour until smooth. You will need extra flour for your work surface when working the dough smooth. Let rest for 30 minutes, covered, before rolling out.
- Prepare filling by dicing potatoes, placing them in cold water in a pot, and boiling until easily pierced, about 20-30 minutes. Drain well, return to pot over heat, shaking to finish drying potatoes, then add butter and mash with your preferred method, finishing with half and half until potatoes are smooth. Fold in remaining ingredients and season. Chill filling.
- Roll out pierogi dough very thin and cut into 10 5" rounds. Brush the edges with water. Top the rounds with 1/4 cup of filling, fold, and crimp closed. Can be made ahead if wrapped tightly.
- Place the pierogi into boiling water and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until filling is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Optional: finish pierogi by pan searing each side in butter on the stove. Serve with desired accoutrement.