• Disease prevention is an important component of any swine system.
• The primary risk from people entering the facility is tracking in contaminated materials on their possessions, clothing, and body from direct and indirect contact with pigs.
• All people entering the barn must have been away from other pigs for a specified down time.
• Proper entry protocol should be in place to clearly designate clean and dirty sides.
• Establish entry protocols for bringing in supplies, boar semen, personal items, and tools on to the site.
• Signage restricting access and “Do Not Enter” signs should be posted around the Perimeter Buffer Area (PBA) entry point and at all barn entry points.