Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  How can I change my major?

  • A:  Depending on the number of credits and courses you have taken, you may or may not be able to switch into a SPDC major. Please contact your advisor for details.

Q:  What is limited enrollment?

  • A:  There are a number of majors at MSU which are limited enrollment. This means the major does not accept every student into the major.  Many of the limited enrollment majors require the completion of certain courses, as well as GPA requirements. Please contact your advisor for detailed information.

Q:  How can I get an override, what is an override?

  • A:  An override is the ability to enroll in a class when it is either full, or when you do not meet the set prerequisite(s) for the course. To obtain an override for an SPDC course, please contact your advisor. For NON-SPDC overrides, you must contact the department who is offering the course.

Q:  What is full time at MSU?

  • A:  Full-time status as MSU is a minimum of 12 credits.

Q:  I have a hold on my account?  What is this about?

  • A:  To look up your hold information, please contact StuInfo.

Q:  What is Annual Enrollment?

  • A:  Annual Enrollment usually begins after spring break each year.  It is the time period given to students, based on their credit total, where they have access to enroll in the following year’s courses, both fall and spring. It is VERY important that you visit you advisor prior to you annual enrollment date, this date can be found on your StuInfo account.

Frequently Used Links