Tollgate Financial Aid
MSU Tollgate Farm and Education Center provides non-formal learning opportunities for youth, adults, schools, and groups, offering them the unique opportunity to experience agriculture hands-on in an urban environment. Using research-based curriculum and methods, visitors explore and enjoy the farm and the natural world, appreciate and promote locally grown food, and build a healthy community.
Tollgate strives to provide opportunities for youth and adults of all income levels and welcomes a broad cross-section of participants to experience farm-based experiential learning. The goal of the financial aid committee is to provide as many youth and adults as possible with the opportunity to enrich learning and broaden their experiences. Funding is limited and applications are reviewed based on the needs of the participants, potential impact on their learning, cost of the program, and potential for meaningful collaboration.
Financial Aid Guidelines for Educational Programs for Schools
The Financial Aid Committee determines eligibility for financial aid through a review of the application, documentation, school data, and other criteria.
- Applicants are encouraged to research grants, loans, and matching fund programs offered by their local governments, community organizations, foundations, banks, and employers
- Available funding is limited and financial aid will cover up to 50% of the program cost.
- Submitting a financial aid application does not guarantee receipt of aid.
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis or until all financial aid funds have been distributed.
- Information provided on the financial aid application is reviewed by a diverse financial aid committee made up of staff and community members, is kept confidential, and will be kept on file for the current program year.
When registering for programs, please indicate that you are applying for financial aid. If financial aid is received by a school or group, the remaining balance is due 2 weeks prior to the group's program date. Upon completion of your financial aid application, please be sure to notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid for Schools and Community Groups
1. Register for program indicating that you will be applying for financial aid.
2. Apply for Financial Aid (begins January 1st, 2024)
4. Notify Ellen Koehler email@example.com / 248-701-9956 of your application.
Camp Scholarship Information
Oakland County 4-H and MSU Tollgate strives to provide as many youth as possible with the opportunity to enrich learning and broaden their experiences through 4-H. Oakland 4-H offers scholarships for 4H members. To learn more about how to apply for the Oakland 4H Scholarship, visit the Oakland County 4H website Oakland 4-H Scholarships
Financial Aid Deadlines
Please apply as early as possible for financial aid and allow 2-3 weeks for notification.
MSU Extension programs and materials are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.