Interested in Volunteering at MSU Tollgate Farm?
Browse and click the tiles below to find an area of interest for volunteer opportunities.
No garden experience necessary!
For general volunteering questions please contact Carmen Hamilton at email@example.com or call 248-347-3860 x. 239.
- All volunteers are required to complete the Michigan State University Volunteer Selection Process. This process helps to provide a safe volunteering and work environment for both adults and youth. Volunteers must complete an application, background check. To learn more about this process, contact Carmen Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Opportunities at the Farm
Plant A Row (PAR) Garden Volunteers- Spring and Summer
Plant Nursery maintenance/gardening - Spring and Summer
Education Garden Volunteers - garden with summer campers Spring and Summer
4-H Club plant and maintain garden beds with club (See 4-H Club web page) Spring and Summer
4-H Club Soap Making (See 4-H Club web page) Year round project
Pumpkinfest - Saturday, October 5 and Sunday, October 6, 2024
Every great event has a team of great people who make it happen. Pumpkinfest has a wonderful team of staff and volunteers who love the Farm and who love to help. There are so many different supporting roles where Tollgate visitors would appreciate your help.
Adults and youth 16 and older, we invite you to consider volunteering in one of the many roles available for this event.
The farm supports volunteer opportunities for the following groups:
- Individuals looking for volunteering opportunities
- Master Gardeners
- High school students looking for community service hours
- College students needing volunteer hours for an internship
- Eagle Scouts and other scouting groups
- Corporate and non-profit volunteer programs and groups
- Conversation Stewards
- Court appointed community service