Visit the Farm
Re-Opening from the COVID-19 Pandemic
We are excited to be re-opening the farm to the public starting May 31st. Private rental events, public events, and educational programming will continue to be announced on a case by case basis through our Facebook and newsletters.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Sunday, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
The property is free to the public for passive use such as walking. A new suggested entry donation of $5 can be provided at the welcome kiosk or at our giving website. Select the Access for All Education fund when making a donation for entry. Programs and events each have their own specific fee structures.
Entering the Property and Parking
The public should use the North most driveway that is farthest from 12 Mile Rd. This driveway enters directly into the parking lot. The South driveway, located closest to 12 Mile Rd., is a a service entrance only.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Restrictions
All visitors must comply with the MSU Community Compact.
- Masks are not required outdoors.
- 6 ft. physical distance must be maintained between people of different households.
- Restrooms are currently closed.
- See additional information at the MSU Community Compact webpage.
General Property Rules
- Only staff and volunteer vehicles are permitted past the main parking lot.
- Dogs are not permitted.
- Professional photographers must purchase a photography pass by contacting Kari Heughens at email@example.com.
- The public is not permitted within any fenced pastures or fields.
- The buildings and barns are closed to the public.
- Formal gatherings of more than 10 people must reserve the picnic shelter and pay a rental fee. Contact Kari Heughens for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to Do
- Walk our beautiful trails and lanes.
- Enjoy our 22 ornamental gardens that are cared for by a group of dedicated volunteers. Learn more about the gardens here.
- View the horses, sheep, goats, chickens, and cattle.
- Engage in personal hobbies such as amateur photography, birding, yoga, or artistic pursuits like painting.
- Picnic with friends or family.
- Attend a public program or event.
- Volunteer to support the gardens, grounds, programs, events, and more.