Visit the Farm
Hours of Operation
Monday - Sunday, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
The property is free to the public for passive use such as walking. A new suggested entry donation of $5 can be provided at the welcome kiosk or at our giving website. Select the Access for All Education fund when making a donation for entry. Programs and events each have their own specific fee structures.
Entering the Property and Parking
MSU Tollgate is located at 28115 Meadowbrook Road between 12 and 13 Mile Road in Novi. Currently, there is construction on Meadowbrook Road however, you may access Tollgate Farm by going northbound on Meadowbrook only from 12 Mile Road. Despite the road closure signs, travel northbound on Meadowbrook to the entrance. Please be cautious of traffic in both directions. The public should use the first driveway that is closest to 12 Mile Rd then take an immediate right, past the farmhouse to the parking lot. e
General Property Rules
- Only staff and volunteer vehicles are permitted past the main parking lot.
- Dogs are not permitted.
- Professional photographers must purchase a photography pass by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The public is not permitted within any fenced pastures or fields.
- Do not feed the farm animals and wildlife.
- The buildings and barns are closed to the public.
- Formal gatherings of more than 10 people must reserve the picnic shelter and pay a rental fee. Contact us at email@example.com to find out more about space rentals.
Things to Do
- Walk our beautiful trails and lanes.
- Enjoy our 22 ornamental gardens that are cared for by a group of dedicated volunteers. Learn more about the gardens here.
- View the horses, sheep, goats, chickens, and cattle.
- Engage in personal hobbies such as amateur photography, birding, yoga, or artistic pursuits like painting.
- Picnic with friends or family.
- Attend a public program or event.
- Volunteer to support the gardens, grounds, programs, events, and more.