Undergraduate Academic Advising
Department of CSUS has Academic Advisors available to meet with students. Students are strongly encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet for curriculum planning and all other issues using the Student Success Dashboard. The Dashboard allows MSU students to schedule an appointment at their convenience with an academic advisor. MSU students can also call stop by Room 131 in the Natural Resources Building to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins appointments may be available if time permits.
Academic Advisers can assist students by providing a variety of services:
- Curriculum and schedule planning, add/drops
- Monitoring academic progress toward graduation
- Providing information on University, College, and Departmental policies,procedures, resources, and opportunities
- Integrative Studies, Transfer Credits, Scholarships, Internship Credits,Overseas Studies, Student Clubs, Learning Resources, Careers
- Providing advising and resources for academic difficulty issues
How to use the appointment system:
- While the appointment system displays all appointment times that are available, the advisors will accept walk-in advising for those students with quick questions.
- There may be a time when you must cancel your appointment (ex: illness). The system will allow you to do so, but please cancel with at least 24 hours notice and/or contact the CSUS advisors directly to let them know you’ve canceled, so other students may take advantage of the time slot. See below for contact information.
Instructions for making an appointment on the Student Success Dashboard
- Log on to https://msu.campus.eab.com/.
- Click on the [GET ADVISING] button on the top right of the page.
- Select AG & NATURAL RESOURCES ADVISING and then YOUR MAJOR as the “Reason” for your appointment. Then select Next.
- The location should show NATURAL RESOURCES - ROOM 144 (Frances) or ROOM 140 (Michael) or ROOM 131 (Both Frances and Michael)
- Click in the box that says “Any Adviser”. You should see just two advisers listed, FRANCES KANEENE or MICHAEL EVERETT. Select the adviser you want to see. Then select Next.
- The next step will be to select a specific date and time for you to meet with Frances or Michael.
- Before finalizing your appointment it would be helpful if you added a note in the comment box. This will help us with specific questions you may have.
Instructions for cancelling an appointment on the Student Success Dashboard
- Log on to https://msu.campus.eab.com.
- On the right side of the page, you will see your “Upcoming Appointments”. Open the appointment you wish to cancel.
- A new pop up screen appears. Select “Cancel Appointment” on the bottom left.
- You will need to select a reason for your cancelation and select “Mark as Cancelled”.
- Your confirmation will appear and a message will be sent to the advisor. That time will now be open on your calendar as well as the advisor’s calendar.