The Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics offers three bachelor of science degrees. Learn more about each of our majors:
The novel coronavirus is impacting all of us in some way. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. For more information, please visit our website www.msu.edu/coronavirus and utilize our toll free line: 888-353-1294.
Here are the AFRE Online Express Advising Hours for the first week of classes:
January 11 thru January 15 – Schedule advising appointments online. No Express Advising on Wednesday afternoon, January 13.
January 18 thru January 22 – Express Advisor Only – 9:30am- SPRING SEMESTER 2021 QUESTIONS ONLY
11:30am and 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Meeting ID: 957 0677 8750
Passcode: 184136 – this passcode will only work the week of January 18 – 22
January 25 – Open Adds end @ 8:00pm.Scheduling advising appointments online will resume
January 27 – Wednesday afternoon Express Advising resumes – 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Meeting ID: 915 2159 0783
Each appointment is a maximum of 15 minutes And advising is for Spring 2021 only.
Here is the zoom link and password for AFRE Online Express Advising
Join: Express Advising AFRE Room1
Meeting ID: 957 0677 8750
Once you sign in you will be in a waiting room and when the advisor is available, you will be moved either to Lisa Henry or Marcus Martin's breakaway room.
If you have any questions there is a chat button at the bottom of the screen.
Advising appointments are scheduled online and are generally 30 minutes.
To schedule an appointment:
- Login to https://student.msu.edu/
- Navigation: Student Homepage > Academic Progress > Advising/Tutoring Appointments
- Complete the following fields in the New Appointment section:
- Category – Select Advising
- Advising Unit – College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Advising
- Appointment Reason – select your major
- Additional Information – must include info as to why you’re making this appointment. This info helps me prepare for our meeting.
- Appointment Type –Phone
- Phone – please list your preferred phone and we will call you.
- Zoom – I will send you a zoom link to join for you assigned meeting time.
6. Select Advisor – Select Lisa Henry students last name A-L or Marcus Martin students last name M-Z
7. Select Day and time – Choose a preferred day and a preferred time from the menu and hit “Select Time”
- PLEASE NOTE – currently you cannot make appointment more than 7 days in advance, and less than 1 day before.
8. Then Book it! You should be all set. You should receive a confirmation email.
- Find links below to short and long versions of how to set up an advising or tutoring appointment. The short version provides quick, step-by-step instructions, whereas the long version provides companion screenshots with step-by-step instructions. These guides will also be updated as needed.
- For technical issues (authentication, logging in, browser issues, or system errors), or to be routed to the appropriate support team, call the MSU IT Service Desk at (517) 432-6200 or toll free at (844) 678-6200.
- The Undergraduate Advising office is located in Justin S Morrill Hall of Agriculture, Room 1.
- Express Advising the first week of classes
- Express Advising: Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm. Think of Express Advising as the 'Urgent care' of advising. These first come, first serve appointments are to address one topic or question that can be resolved in less than 15 minutes. Such topics include: schedule adjustments the first two weeks of classes; obtaining a list of suggested courses for no more than one semester.
- The AFRE Undergraduate Policy Committee Student Representatives want to hear from you! If you have any comments or concerns regarding EEM, FIM or ABM curriculum or other academic issues, please send them to us at AFREstudentpolicy@gmail.com and we will make sure your concerns are heard by the committee.
- Please fill out the course substitution form, ALSO include a copy of the course description, and syllabus for the course you wish to use as a substitute. Submit the three documents to AFRE.email@example.com
- For overrides, please fill out this form to request an override. ABM, FIM and EEM courses only.
Change your Major
- Freshman (less than 28 credits) - To request a major change, visit the advising office in any Neighborhood Engagement Center.
- Sophomore (28 minimum credits), Junior or Senior - Major Change Form. If you have at least a 2.0 gpa we encourage you to schedule a meeting with an ABM, EEM or FIM advisor for enrollment and graduation planning.
- Your major change generally takes effect between 24-48 hours.
Food Industry Management
Jake and Maxine Ferris Undergraduate Study Abroad
A Current ABM, EEM, and FIM Major (not minor)
In Good Academic Standing (2.0 or higher GPA)
A Domestic Student
Not Graduate Before Fall Semester 2021
Making Progress Towards an ABM, EEM, or FIM Degree
Applications are DUE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2021