Videos and Podcasts
Courtney Larson - PhD student
Being a Spartan means living up to high standards.
Rufus Isaacs - Professor
Helping farmers support bees.
Deb McCullough - Professor
Student researchers work toward healthy forests.
Andrew Myers - PhD student
Why I study monarch butterflies at MSU.
Barry Pittendrigh - MSU Foundation Professor
International work is in MSU's DNA.
Will Wetzel - Professor
Insects are useful for studying extreme weather impacts.
Douglas Landis - University Distinguished Professor
Douglas Landis was named University Distinguished Professor in 2017. This recognition is among the highest honors that can be bestowed on a faculty member at Michigan State University.
2018 MSU Outstanding Student Leadership Nominee Lidia Komondy
Undergraduate student Lidia Komondy was nominated for the CANR Outstanding Student Leadership Service Award for her service and leadership in the CANR and through her university activities.
Ke Dong's research into avoiding mosquito resistance to pesticides and repellants
Ke Dong and colleagues are working to combat resistant mosquitoes.
Entomology: More Than Just Bugs
Watch this video to learn about the Department of Entomology and our diverse studies.
- Marisol Quintanilla talks about the importance of soil testing this fall for soybean cyst nematode on Michigan Ag Today
- Jen Pechal talks about her research on necrobiome on NPR's Science Friday
- Adam Ingrao: Program Helps Veterans Find Camaraderie Through Beekeeping on Michigan Radio's Stateside Podcast
- Adam Ingrao: Connecting veterans to the healing powers of agriculture on Greening of the Great Lakes with Kirk Heinze
- Rufus Isaacs on building habitat for wild bees to pollinate farms and gardens, on Greening of the Great Lakes with Kirk Heinze
- Dan Gibson discusses natural enemies with Kim Eierman of EcoBeneficial! for her podcast
- Rufus Isaacs explains how more wild bee habitats would benefit growers on WKAR
- Julianna Wilson chats all about MSU’s “bee hotels” on WKAR
- Rufus Isaacs speaks about decline of wild bees on WKAR
- Mike Kaufman interview about Zika threat in Michigan on Greening of the Great Lakes
See more Entomology-related videos
- Asparagus Miner Life Cycle & IPM
- Tritophic Interactions
- Onion Thrips Scouting
- Farmer Veteran Coalition of Michigan & MSU Extension
- Cherries and Beer Hops Are Growing Like Crazy in Michigan | ABC News
- EcoBeneficial Interview: Research on Plants for Beneficial Insects
- Benefits of Planting Flowers for Bees
- 2015 Gary Simmons Memorial Lecture
- Going wild: Native bees can improve pollination
- Dedicated to global solutions - Karim Maredia
- Collaborating for Food Security in Central Asia
- Chelsea Rawe 2014 CANR graduation speech
- Graduate student explains why choose to study entomology and her research discoveries about malaria mosquitoes