Apply for Graduate Study
Follow these four steps:
- Complete an online application. (select graduate or graduate certificate from the drop down menu)
- Official transcripts
- GRE (if applicable)
- TOEFL (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Academic Statement
- Personal Statement
- Pay the nonrefundable application fee by credit card.
- Send all official documents to the locations described below.
- Email the graduate secretary Katie James when you have completed these steps.
GRE and TOEFL
GRE: (Institution Code: 1465, Department Code: 0108)
- Please note: if you are applying only for the Graduate Certificate in Forest Carbon Science, Policy, and Management or the Hybrid Online MS degree, GRE scores are not required.
TOEFL (International students only): If English is a second language, take the TOEFL or IELTS exam and have scores sent to the MSU Graduate School. The institution code for MSU is 1465. For all guidelines related to international students, please see MSU International Application Instructions.
Hard copies should be sent to:
Hannah Administration Building
426 Auditorium Road, Room 250
East Lansing, Michigan 48824-2604
Telephone: (517) 355-8332
Fax: (517) 353-1647
Electronic copies should be sent to:
Michigan State University Office of Admissions at email@example.com
Official, sealed transcripts must be in English and sent directly from your learning institution to the address below. If you are a domestic U.S. applicant, these can be sent electronically directly from your learning institution. International students must submit hard copies.
Hard copies to:
Department of Forestry
c/o Graduate Secretary
480 Wilson Rd, Room 120
East Lansing, MI 48824-1222