Admission to the Institute of Agricultural Technology is based on several factors including the availability of space in your desired program of study. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Apply by Aug. 9, 2019, for the fall 2019 semester. Some programs have limits so appy early.)
Submit an IAT application. NOTE: Students planning to enroll in a partnership program must apply both to MSU IAT and the partner community college.
Application Details & Deadlines
The IAT uses rolling admissions with each program coordinator making the admission decision. Admission decisions are typically made within four weeks of all admission materials being received.
When to apply:
- High school seniors are encouraged to apply September – May of their senior year.
- Transfer students should apply six months prior to semester of enrollment.
How to Apply
- Submit your online IAT application before Aug. 9 for fall 2019! (Some programs have limits, so apply early!)
- Submit your $65 non-refundable application fee using a credit card or electronic check, or submit request for application fee waiver.
- Send your official high school transcript by electronic document delivery to the MSU Office of Admissions through an electronic delivery service such as Parchment, Docufide, Naviance, or E Scrip-Safe. Schools that do not have access to these services may send official paper documents via U.S. mail to the MSU Office of Admissions, Hannah Administration Building, 426 Auditorium Rd., Room 250, East Lansing, Michigan 48824-2604.
Admission is based on:
- Academic performance in high school
- Work experience, organized school activities, community involvement and conduct
- Demonstrated interest in program of study
- Available space in your desired program
FFA Degree Completer Program
High school students who earn a Michigan High School State FFA degree can earn 6.0 general credits coming into IAT.
The State FFA Degree Completer Program is available through a partnership with MSU, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) and the Michigan Department of Education
Download and fill out the information form if eligible to submit the state-approved program and FFA degree documentation.
Applications are valid for one calendar year beyond the initial semester of submission. It is not necessary to submit a new application or application fee during this period. To be considered for an alternate semester, contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology before the application’s expiration.
Contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology with any questions about the application for admission or anything else related to your enrollment by calling 517-355-0190 or email your questions to Carol Fosburg at email@example.com.