Admission to the Institute of Agricultural Technology is based on several factors including the availability of space in your desired program of study. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Fall 2020 application deadline is August 14, 2020.
Spring 2021 & Fall 2021 application available August 17, 2020.
NOTE: Students planning to enroll at one of the community college partner locations must apply for admission to the MSU IAT and the community college.
Application Details & Deadlines
The IAT uses rolling admissions with each program coordinator making the admission decision. Admission decisions are typically made within four weeks of all admission materials being received.
When to apply:
- High school seniors are encouraged to apply September – May of their senior year.
- Transfer students should apply six months prior to semester of enrollment.
How to Apply
- Submit your online IAT application before August 14, 2020 for fall 2020! (Some programs have limits, so apply early!)
- Submit your $65 non-refundable application fee using a credit card or electronic check, or submit request for application fee waiver.
- Send official transcript(s) for all educational institutions listed on your application for admission, including high school and college, by electronic document delivery to the MSU Office of Admissions through email at email@example.com or an electronic delivery service such as Parchment, Docufide, Naviance, or E Scrip-Safe. Schools that do not have access to these services may send official paper documents via U.S. mail to the MSU Office of Admissions, Hannah Administration Building, 426 Auditorium Rd., Room 250, East Lansing, Michigan 48824-2604.
Admission is based on:
- Academic performance in high school or previous colleges
- Work experience, organized school activities, community involvement and conduct
- Demonstrated interest in program of study
- Available space in your desired program
Applications are valid for one calendar year beyond the initial semester of submission. It is not necessary to submit a new application or application fee during this period. To be considered for an alternate semester, contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology before the application’s expiration.
Current High school students (grades 9-12) interested in taking MSU courses must apply through the MSU Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) application process. The steps to enrollment and application process can be found at MSU Dual Enrollment. Feel free to contact the GATE Office at 517-432-2129 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Dual Enrollment process.
Contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology with any questions about the application for admission or anything else related to your enrollment by calling 517-355-0190 or email your questions to email@example.com.