Admission to the Institute of Agricultural Technology is based on several factors including the availability of space in your desired program of study. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Fall 2021 application deadline is Monday, August 9, 2021.
NOTE: Students planning to enroll at one of the community college partner locations must apply for admission to the MSU IAT and the community college.
The IAT uses rolling admissions with each program coordinator making the admission decision. Admission decisions are typically made within four weeks of all admission materials being received.
When to apply:
- High school seniors are encouraged to apply September – May of their senior year.
- Transfer students should apply six months prior to semester of enrollment.
How to Apply
- Submit your online IAT application and $65 non-refundable application processing fee (pay by credit card, mail-in check, or request a application fee waiver).
- Request official transcript(s) for all educational institutions listed on your application for admission, including high school and college, be sent by electronic document delivery to the MSU Office of Admissions through email at email@example.com or an electronic delivery service such as Parchment, Docufide, Naviance, or E Scrip-Safe. Schools that do not have access to these services may send official paper documents via U.S. mail to the MSU Office of Admissions, Hannah Administration Building, 426 Auditorium Rd., Room 250, East Lansing, Michigan 48824-2604.
- Check your email regularly for application updates.
Admission is based on:
- Academic performance in high school or previous colleges
- Work experience, organized school activities, community involvement and conduct
- Demonstrated interest in program of study
- Available space in your desired program
If you have already applied for admission to the Institute of Agricultural and would like to defer your application to a future semester, then contact the IAT at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the new semester of enrollment.
Applicants may only change to a new semester up to one year past the original desired semester of enrollment. Any semester changes beyond one year will require a new IAT application. Deferments to future semesters is not automatic. You may be required to supply additional information and your admission decision may be reviewed again for the new semester of enrollment.
If you decide not to attend the IAT, then cancel your application by contacting the IAT at email@example.com. If you have submitted your IAT enrollment deposit, a refund will be processed upon cancellation of your application, provided that you cancel prior to the start of the semester of enrollment.
Contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology with any questions about the application for admission or anything else related to your enrollment by calling 517-355-0190 or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.