Internal Transfer Process
MSU students enrolled in the Institute of Agricultural Technology (AT) or as undergraduates (UN) can apply for an internal transfer process to change their enrollment status from AT to UN or UN to AT.
To apply for the internal transfer process, students must submit the online Status Change Request Form one semester prior to the new enrollment level and be a current MSU student (AT or UN level) in good standing (academic and financial). Forms submitted more than one semester before the new enrollment level will not be accepted. Students who change their new enrollment level start term will be asked to submit a new Status Change Request form.
Requirements for Transferring from IAT to MSU Undergraduate Status
The following requirements will determine if an IAT student (AT level) qualifies for a status change to an MSU undergraduate student (UN level).
Students should notify their IAT program coordinator as soon as possible for appropriate course advising and planning.
- Complete all certificate program requirements with a minimum 3.0 MSU grade point average (cumulative).
- Satisfy equivalents for MSU WRA 101 and MTH 103 College Algebra (minimum requirement). Must earn at least a 2.0 grade in each equivalent course to transfer in to MSU. An official transcript sent to MSU Office of Admissions is required in order to verify meeting this requirement.
- Declare an undergraduate major in the MSU College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Be in good standing with Michigan State University and all other post-secondary institutions attended.
- Planning to continue at MSU the semester following graduation from the IAT.
Students who meet all the above requirements are eligible to have their status changed from AT to UN upon graduating from the Institute of Agricultural Technology and will be able to enroll in undergraduate courses at that time.
The deadline to submit the Status Change Request Form is the middle of the final semester of completing their IAT program.
NOTE: IAT students will be dropped from any MSU undergraduate courses they enroll in prior to being cleared for graduation from their IAT certificate program.
Requirements for Transferring from MSU Undergraduate to IAT Status
Current MSU undergraduates (UN level) can use the internal transfer process to change their enrollment to the IAT (AT level). The following requirements will determine if the undergraduate qualifies to have their status changed.
- Currently enrolled as an MSU undergraduate student at the time of applying for the status change.
- Not enrolled in undergraduate courses for any future semesters.
- In good standing with Michigan State University.
Students must submit the Status Change Request Form prior to the start of the semester when they plan to enroll in the IAT.
Status Change Steps
Eligible students should:
- Submit the Status Change Request Form to the Institute of Agricultural Technology by the middle of the applicant’s final semester of completing their IAT certificate program.
- Connect with the undergraduate academic advisor in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources based the major program they are transferring into for further academic planning.
Transfer Application for Admission
For questions about the status change process and transferring, contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology.