Making It in Michigan going virtual on April 27-29, and May 4-6, 2021.
The MSU Product Center team is taking Making it in Michigan virtual in 2021!
The conference and tradeshow will be held virtually from April 27 to April 29, and May 4 to 6, 2021.
By holding it over the course of two weeks we hope that entrepreneurs, buyers and others will be able to incorporate the educational sessions and trade show into their busy schedule as we know it is difficult to find time to “get away” for a virtual programs. The conference will feature in-depth educational sessions, networking opportunities and take-home resources. The program will also boast a pitch competition with the Michigan Good Food Fund and a MSU chef recipe showdown in partnership with the Michigan Bean Commission.
The virtual trade show (virtual catalog) will provide a space for food entrepreneurs to sell their products and make connections with buyers through customized virtual vendor displays. The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation are partnering to offer a unique matchmaking opportunity for buyers and sellers.
Featured Educational Sessions
- Capitalizing On Trends In Today’s Pandemic Driven Reality And Leveraging Social Media To Influence Consumers
- Building Strong Teams With Bob Fish Of Biggby Coffee And Jermale Eddie Of Malamiah Juice Bar & Eatery
- Be "On Trend" When Marketing Your Business
- With Crisis Comes Change and Opportunity with Dr. Quentin Tyler with Michigan State University
- Building Successful Partnerships With Major Retailers: A Panel Discussion
- Whole Foods
- Community Grocery Retail Panel
- Oryana Food Co-op
- Harvest Health
- Marquette Food Co-op
- Westborn Markets
- Capital City Market
- Marketing and Regulatory Issues In Beverages
- How To Get Your Beverages To Market
- Marketing and Regulatory Issues In Meat and Dairy
- Access To Meat & Dairy Processing
- Getting Started With Value-Added Agriculture: Everything Old Is New Again
- Innovative Approaches To Value-Added Agriculture
- Start-Up Tips: Sauces, Dips And Spreads
- Next Level Sauces, Dips, Condiments And Salsa
- Processing and Regulatory Issues In Aquaculture
- Understanding Seafood Sellers’ and Customers' Changing Needs: Emerging Opportunities
- Start-Up Tips: Snacks, Desserts, Dried Goods And Pet Treats
- Next Level Snacks, Bars And Dried Goods
- Start-Up Tips: Finances, Business Planning & Tech Tools
- Taking It To The Next Level: Financial Management, Risk Coverage & Digital Presence
- Start-Up Basics: From Production To Licensing To Sales
- How To Make Sustainability Work For You
- Advanced Processing And Distribution
iPhone Video to mp4
2021 Brings Unique partnership between MSU Product Center and Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development and Michigan Economic Development Corporation
The 2021 Making It In Michigan Conference and Marketplace Trade show is offering a unique partnership between Michigan State University, Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. This year's program will not only feature an enhanced educational program but also offer educational sessions in March and early April to help prepare vendors for the online trade show starting April 30, 2021 and allows vendors to also participate in the Pure Michigan Business Connection buyer-supplier matchmaking program on Thursday, May 6, 2021.
In the Spotlight
Published on October 24, 2019
Published on October 18, 2019
Published on October 10, 2019
Published on September 18, 2019