Join MSU Extension Dairy team for coffee break
These virtual coffee breaks are informal educational conversations with dairy farmers or MSU faculty members that probe a different issue each time. Coffee breaks will take place weekly in March and April 2020 and be available live or recorded.
The Michigan State University Extension Dairy Team invites dairy farmers and ag professionals to join them for virtual “coffee breaks”. These coffee breaks with the MSU Dairy Team are a new series of virtual meetings that will occur each Wednesday morning in March and April at 10:00 a.m. They are designed as conversations lasting less than a half hour, that can be listened to live, or listened to as posted recordings any time after those dates.
Each virtual coffee break meeting, hosted by an MSU Extension Dairy Educator, will be available on Wednesdays in March and April at 10 a.m. at http://bit.ly/DairyCoffeeBreak or by using the QR code in this article.
Episodes will later be available on YouTube in the MSU Extension Dairy Team YouTube channel. Subscribe to the channel to receive notifications when new episodes become available. The series will also be available as a podcast in the future.
The scheduled meetings are:
- March 4 – “Building consumer agricultural literacy”, a discussion with Ashley Kennedy of Messing Dairy at Ubly; hosted by Marianne Buza.
- March 11 – “How we build a strong team” a discussion with Daren Gernaat of Gernaat Dairy LLC at Falmouth; hosted by Phil Durst and Stan Moore.
- March 18 – “Steps we take in achieving excellent quality milk”, a discussion with Brent Wilson of Wilson Centennial Farm at Carson City; hosted by Phil Durst.
- March 25 – “Our Israel Dairy experience”, a discussion with Glenn & Suzy Preston of Preston Farms at Quincy; hosted by Stan Moore and Phil Durst.
- April 1 – “Improving the targeting of your antibiotic use”, a discussion with Dr. Pam Ruegg; hosted by Marianne Buza.
- April 9 – “Recommendations for 2020 corn silage planting”, a discussion with Dr. Manni Singh; hosted by Phil Kaatz.
- April 15 – “Fat supplementation update, which when and how?”, a discussion with Dr. Adam Lock; hosted by Martin Mangual.
- April 22 – “Can selective dry cow therapy be successful?”, a discussion with Dr. Ron Erskine; hosted by Paola Bacigalupo.
- April 29 – “Leading MSU’s Extension outreach to Michigan dairy farmers and industry”, a discussion with the new MSU Meadows Chair, Dr. Barry Bradford; hosted by Martin Mangual.
The recorded podcasts are perfect for busy farmers who can catch the coffee break meeting at their convenience, or join live conversations and ask questions. Your feedback on these conversations are also appreciated. Contact a Dairy Extension Educator and share your thoughts and reactions. MSU Extension Educators and faculty work with farmers and agribusiness professionals to help them apply critical knowledge to needs, opportunities and issues. For more information, visit https://www.canr.msu.edu/dairy/index.