Zoom: Best Practices for Design & Delivery of Zoom Training
In this course, you will learn how to effectively get started with Zoom meetings and Zoom webinars. Topics include:
- Benefits of Zoom meetings/webinars
- How to record, upload, and share a Zoom session
- Engagement strategies for virtual meetings and webinars
- Advanced features of meetings/webinars
This course is open to both MSU Extension staff, as well as others who are not affiliated with MSU. For specific registration instructions select an option below:
- Registration Instructions: Michigan State University Staff or Student
- Registration Instructions: Not Affiliated with Michigan State University
For technical assistance please contact the MSU Discovery Services Help Desk at (517) 353-8700. They are available 24/7.
Instructions for MSU Staff/Students:
- Login with your MSU NetID/Email and Password on the following web page: Best Practices for Zoom Meetings & Webinars Registration.
- Select the Enroll button.
- Login to D2L (d2l.msu.edu) with your NetID and password and you will see the course listed on your Home page
Instructions for Anyone Not Affiliated with Michigan State University:
Follow the instructions below to register for this course. If you would like to watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial.
- Create your MSU Guest Account/Community ID and Password: Create Your Account
- Login to the registration system with your Community ID and Password: Best Practices for Zoom Meetings & Webinars Registration
- Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
How to Login to the Course:
Once you have registered, follow the instructions below to login – you will use the same login credentials that you set during registration (your NetID is your email address used during registration and use the same password set during registration).
- Go to the Michigan State University’s Online Course System (known as Desire2Learn or D2L): https://d2l.msu.edu/
- Click on the Login button.
- In the MSU NETID field enter your email address (enter the same email used during registration)
- Enter the password you set during registration.
- You will be logged into D2L - click on the course title in the My Courses area.
*Note: If you need to reset your password go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password.
FAQs for Anyone Not Affiliated with Michigan State University
- What is my username/NETID?
Your username (or NET ID) is the email address you used to create your account during registration (you use the same email address/password for registering and for taking the course).
- What URL do I go to for logging into the course?
Go to: https://d2l.msu.edu/. You will see the Michigan State University at the top of the page.
- I received a “not authenticated” response when trying to login – what do I do?
A “not authenticated” message is typically an issue with a password not being entered correctly. To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- I forgot my password – where can I reset it?
To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- Who can I call for technical support?
For technical assistance please contact the MSU Discovery Services Help Desk at (517) 353-8700. They are available 24/7. Please mention that you are trying to access an MSU Extension non-credit online course with a Community ID.