4-H Member Resources
County Enrollment Deadline: January 15th
4-H Online Resources
The following guides have been developed to help 4-H families and members use the 4-H Online enrollment system.
- Family Enrollment Guide
- Existing family profiles - video
- New family profiles - video
- How to Add Clubs/Projects After Enrollment Approval
- Families Registering for Events in 4-H Online
4-H Member Forms
- Camp/Workshop/Event Scholarship Form: we do not want cost to be a barrier to participation for our 4-H members! Current 4-H members can request financial support from the Ogemaw County 4-H Council or the Ogemaw 4-H Small & Large Animal Advisory Committee.
- for financial support to attend a non-4-H educational activity, please contact Ogemaw 4-H directly at MSUE.Ogemaw@msu.edu with the subject "4-H Financial Assistance Request"
Member’s Personal Portfolio: Keep track of activities throughout the course of your 4-H career! Helpful when preparing resumes, applying for jobs, awards, or post-high school programs.
Youth Officer Roles
Congratulations! You have been elected to lead your club! This comes with great responsibilities to not only represent your club, but also your county and the entire 4-H Youth Development program in Michigan. Every successful 4-H club has a good team of officers. A good officer displays teamwork and cooperation among members through leadership and organization. Each officer is a piece of the puzzle and has an important role to play for the overall success of the club. This set of guides will help your club officers with the roles and responsibilities of their position.
Ogemaw County 4-H Scholarships
- 4-H Senior Scholarship - If you have been an active 4-H member for at least 3 years and are interested in attending college, a university or trade school, please consider taking advantage of this scholarship opportunity offered by the Ogemaw County 4-H Council! The application form should be completed and either mailed to the provided address, or scanned and emailed to your county program coordinator by 4pm on the date of the deadline specified in the application. Be sure to leave time to obtain the required recommendations! Deadlines typically fall at the end of March/early April. The 4-H Council will be awarding the scholarships. These awards will be paid directly to the college/university to be used to assist in educational expenses. The scholarship committee will be conducting personal interviews after the application deadline, so please be on the look out for a letter and email with your scheduled interview date and time. The application packet can be found below:
- 4-H involvement at county, regional, state, national and international levels
- Outstanding achievement in 4-H
- Scholastic excellence
- Broad range of 4-H experiences and project involvement
- Leadership and citizenship contributions within and outside of 4-H
- Financial need (applies to 4-H Rabbit/Cavy scholarship only)
For complete eligibility information refer to the guidelines included with the scholarship details at the link below:
4-H Mark of Excellence Awards
The 4-H Mark of Excellence Contest is a division of the 4-H State Awards Program for 11 and 12-year-old 4-H members. More details & updates here.
To enter, a 4-H member submits an entry (video or journal entry) on the theme, “Because of 4-H I can …” Entries are submitted to the local county MSU Extension office by April 1. County 4-H programs then select up to two youths’ entries as their representatives and submit those names and entries to the State 4-H Awards Committee. For more additional information and instructions, view the
Michigan State University 4-H Scholarship
Award amount: $2,500 annually for four consecutive years of full-time study at MSU. A minimum of four scholarships are given annually.
Who can apply: 4-H members who are high school seniors must apply to MSU and submit the MSU 4-H Scholarship Application by November 1 of their senior year. Applicants must meet the standard admissions requirements of the university and be accepted to MSU.
MSU Admissions: http://admissions.msu.edu/