Ogemaw 4-H Clubs
County Enrollment Deadline: January 15th
Ogemaw Hills 4-H Shooting Sports
The Michigan 4-H Shooting Sports program has been active for more than 20 years. Youth in more than 70 counties participate in a variety of shooting sports areas every year! Members can learn safety and shooting techniques for a variety of disciplines - in Ogemaw County, the club currently offers archery and BB/air rifle, with hopes to add shotgun! Club members learn how to handle equipment responsibly for target practice and hunting and learn respect for the natural environment. Interested in helping out as a volunteer? Please contact us at MSUE.Ogemaw@msu.edu, or 989-345-0692!
For the 2022-23 season, the club meets on Thursdays at 6pm at the Rifle Creek Archery Park (2025 M-55, West Branch, MI 48661).
THE CLUB IS AT CAPACITY FOR THIS SEASON.
Ogemaw County 4-H Livestock Clubs
Ogemaw County 4-H Dairy "Udder" Club
- topics: understanding the dairy industry, dairy husbandry
Ogemaw County 4-H Boss Hogs Swine Club
- topics: swine husbandry and showmanship, swine training
- ages: 5 - 19 (note - age requirements to sell a large animal shall be a minimum of 9 years of age, and a maximum of 19 years as of January 1, 2023. Age requirements are subject to fairboard guidelines.
- CLUB IS FULL FOR 2022-23
Ogemaw County 4-H Steak & Tail 4-H Beef Club
- this club is at full capacity at this time
Ogemaw County 4-H Young Shepherds Sheep & Goat Club
- topics: sheep husbandry and showmanship, goat husbandry and showmanship
- ages: 5 - 19 (note - age requirements to sell a large animal shall be a minimum of 9 years of age, and a maximum of 19 years as of January 1, 2023. Age requirements are subject to fairboard guidelines.)
Ogemaw County 4-H Small Animal Club (Rabbit & Poultry)
- topics: rabbit husbandry and showmanship, poultry husbandry and showmanship, embryology, small animal anatomy
- ages: 5 - 19 (note - age requirements to sell a small animal shall be a minimum of 8 years of age, and a maximum of 19 years as of January 1, 2023. Age requirements are subject to fairboard guidelines.)
- *some club offerings dependent on volunteer availability
SPIN (Special Interest, Short-Term) Clubs in Ogemaw County
Clubs listed below are not guaranteed, and must meet minimum enrollment numbers to occur. We have a wealth of curriculums from Utah State University's Discover 4-H (https://extension.usu.edu/utah4h/discover)! If you see one you like, and would be interested in leading it in the community, please contact us at MSUE.Ogemaw@msu.edu or 989-345-0692!
Ogemaw East Branch "Watch Us Grow" 4-H SPIN Club - starting March 9th!
- topics: life cycles, plants, animals, embryology, raising tadpoles, gardening
- location: Ogemaw East Branch Library (200 Washington, Prescott MI 48756 - 989-873-5807)
- meetings will be at 4:30pm on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of the month at the Ogemaw East Branch Library
4-H Spa SPIN Club
- topics: spa and relaxation
- open to grades 5-8
- Meetings will be on Wednesdays at 4pm - beginning April 5th!
4-H Future Naturalists - need adult volunteers to lead! we have the curriculum!
- topics: wildlife, outdoors, natural resources
- ages: 5 - 19
4-H Hunting & Wildlife
- topics: wildlife, outdoors, natural resources, history of hunting/trapping, fishing
- ages: 5 - 19
4-H Birding 101 SPIN Club - need adult volunteers to lead! we have the curriculum!
- topics: winter birds, Michigan birds, birding
- ages: 8 - 13