Bill Knudson’s primarily responsibility is as a Product Marketing Economist at the MSU Product Center Food • Ag • Bio. Primary focus of his work is applied economic analysis on agriculture, food, and bio economy issues. Prior to his position at MSU he spent nine years as a Policy Advisor for the Senate Majority Policy Office, covering the areas of agriculture, higher education and appropriations. He is currently working on Development of Profitable Michigan-Based Meat and Livestock Value Chains Supplying Local and Regional Markets.
Director of the Michigan Cooperative Development Program, Knudson is responsible for assisting Michigan cooperatives with their business development, entrepreneurial and technical assistance needs and is the administrator for the USDA-RD grant which designates MSU as a cooperative development center.
Research and Outreach Interests
- Agriculture and the bioeconomy
- Agricultural Policy, especially at the state level
- Analysis of agricultural and food markets
- Agri-entrepreneurship and rural development
- Knudson taught economics at Lansing Community College
Published on December 12, 2018