Titus O. Awokuse
Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
Department Chairperson446 W. Circle, Dr., Rm 203, Agriculture Hall East Lansing, MI 48824
Ph.D., Texas A&M University
M.S., Murray State University
B.S., Berea College
Dr. Titus Awokuse is Chairperson and Professor in the Department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics at Michigan State University (MSU). Prior to joining MSU he was Chairperson and Professor in the Department of Applied Economics and Statistics at the University of Delaware. He is an internationally respected scholar who has consulted for various national governments, international development agencies, non-governmental organizations and private businesses. He has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in international trade, agricultural and food policy, and applied statistics. Professor Awokuse's research interests and publications are focused on empirical and policy analyses in the following areas: the growth-enhancing role of international trade and foreign direct investment, poverty reduction effects of changes in global food value chains and policy reforms to market institutions, and food security policy. He has published scholarly research papers in leading professional journals in his field.
Professor Awokuse also made notable contributions to the agricultural and applied economics profession through his leadership roles and service on various committees, advisory boards, and professional associations. He served as journal editor of Agricultural and Resource Economics Review from 2007-2010. He was a former Chair of the National Association of Agricultural Economics Administrators (NAAEA) section of the Agricultural and Applied Economic Association (AAEA). He is married and blessed with three children.
Research and Outreach Interests
- Agricultural markets and price analysis
- International economics
- Economic growth and development
- Food security
- View theses and dissertations written by Dr. Awokuse’s advisees (student names will appear as Dr. Awokuse advises students at MSU)
- Students advised at University of Delaware – (View Dr. Awokuse’s CV)
- University of Delaware - International agricultural trade and marketing; International trade and special topics (graduate). Agricultural and natural resource policy; Statistical research methods (graduate); Applied data analysis