Beanie Baby in a BagDOWNLOAD
This activity can be set up in about 10 minutes, and you can keep it going for a few weeks and maybe even all summer.
- Plastic bag (snack or sandwich size)
- Cotton balls
- Dry beans
- Cup of water
- Download Activity Sheet (if you want a hard copy)
Open the plastic bag, dip one or two cotton balls in the water, squeeze some of the water out and place a damp cotton ball in the bottom of the bag. Place 2-5 dry bean seeds on the cotton balls, depending on the size of the bag. Seal the bag and watch your seeds grow! You do not need to open the bag to water it, the sealed bag will keep the water inside.
- How long can you keep your Beanie Baby in a Bag growing?
- Make a seed journal and draw and write and take pictures of your seeds every day.
- Place one Beanie Baby in th full sun and a second one under your bed. Draw and write about how they are the same and how they are different as your Beanie Babies grow.
- Once your seeds have sprouted, plant them outside and grow your plants till they flower and have fruit.
Share your Beanie Baby in a Bag
If you would like to show us the great work you have done, you can CLICK HERE to upload some pictures of your Beanie Baby in a Bag.