Alumni Association Scholarships
The Michigan State University College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) Alumni Association awards up to three $2,000 scholarships to freshmen in the Institute of Agricultural Technology, up to eight $3,000 scholarships to CANR juniors and up to two $3,000 scholarships to CANR graduate students each winter.
These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate leadership and community service, possess effective communication skills, have a commitment to their chosen field of study, are well-rounded in their academic and non-academic pursuits, and have a vision or plan for their future career.
Applications are due Nov. 18, 2020. The scholarship committee interviews a select number of candidates in January and announces the winners near the end of the month. The scholarship will be applied to 2021-2022 academic year.
The CANR Alumni Association raises funds for these scholarships through activities such as AutumnFest and the Golfing for Scholarships event as well as gifts from individuals.
To support the CANR Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship Fund, please visit: https://givingto.msu.edu/gift/?sid=8188.
- The MSU Agriculture and Natural Resources Alumni Association Scholarship will be awarded to full-time students in good standing in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) for use during the 2021-2022 academic year at Michigan State University.
- You have demonstrated commitment to your chosen field.
- You show indications of future success in your academic pursuits.
- You have a vision or plan for your future career.
- You will continue to be an ambassador for MSU and CANR long after graduation.
- Deadline to have your COMPLETE application submitted is Nov. 18, 2020 8 a.m., including resume and both letters of recommendation.
Things to prepare:
- A RESUME (OR CV).
- NAMES AND CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESSES OF TWO professors/instructors and/or employers who will write letters of recommendation for you.
- We will send them ONE email with instructions on how to send us the letters.
- You are responsible for assuring that letters are submitted by the deadline.
- ANSWERS TO THE ESSAY QUESTIONS YOU WILL FIND IN THIS APPLICATION.
- Limit for each is about 250 words. Please use complete sentences, proper grammar, etc.
- 1) Describe your immediate plans after graduation.
- 2) Describe your longer-term goals, plans and aspirations.
- You will be able to paste in the essays, but please compose them elsewhere rather than typing them directly into this application.
Published on April 13, 2021
Senior Sabrina Maniaci uses her knowledge, skills and opportunities at MSU to prepare for career as a project engineer following graduation.
Published on April 9, 2021
Angela Yuan switched majors to environmental studies and sustainability to better connect with her passion for conservation and water resources protection.
Published on March 2, 2021
Studying environmental studies and sustainability sets students up for green careers, including having an impact in areas of policy and climate change.
Published on March 1, 2021
Agricultural operations program through the Institute of Agricultural Technology supports long-term plans to study agribusiness management at MSU.
Published on February 18, 2021
Environmental economics management student Miranda Graleski studies the business side of sustainability.
Published on January 20, 2021
Agribusiness management student Lynn Olthof builds on her experiences from her grandparents’ dairy farm, 4-H and FFA.
Published on November 16, 2020
Ariana Negreiro first found her passion for dairy research as an undergraduate student at Michigan State University.
Published on November 11, 2020
Agribusiness management student Jacob Warack finds ways to combine agricultural business and sales with his family farm experiences.
Published on September 22, 2020
Undergrad uses involvement in MSU National Agri-Marketing Association to apply product marketing skills and build on his academic courses.
Published on September 22, 2020
Senior uses her experiences in research to pursue interests in different animal science fields.
Published on September 17, 2020
Doctoral student came to MSU for interdisciplinary program studying tourism, land management and conservation practices.
Published on March 26, 2020
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Alumni Association awards scholarships to students who are well-rounded in their academic and non-academic pursuits and have a vision for their future career.