HRT 102: Plants for Food, Fun, and Profit
Course Code: HRT 102
Credits and Offerings
- 2 credits
- Offered on-line only every Fall and Summer semester
Introduction to the science and art of horticulture including home horticulture (landscaping, gardening, and indoor plants), commercial horticulture (ornamental, vegetable, and fruit production) and sustainable horticulture. Educate consumers about horticultural plants, products, and their relationship to the environment.
After completing this course, the student will:
- Develop an understanding of horticulture and how plants influence our daily lives.
- Become familiar with various aspects of horticulture so to become better educated about plants, their products, and relationship to environment.
- Learn how to grow plants for food and enjoyment at home.
- Have knowledge of the commercial horticulture industry, including sustainability.
This is a 100% online course offering. This course will be delivered entirely online through the course management system Desire2Learn (D2L).