HRT 461: Seminar in Plant Animal and Microbial Biotechnology
Course Code: HRT 461
Credits and Offerings
- 1 credit
- Spring semester of every year
The course will be comprised of three modules: plant, animal, and microbial biotechnology. Topics within each module will include (see course syllabus for more details):
- Examples of currently commercialized applications and underlying biotechnologies
- Technological considerations involved in moving from laboratory to commercial product
- New applications currently at laboratory or development stage
- Introduce students to current commercial applications of plant, animal and microbial biotechnology in agriculture and related industries and provide first-hand contact with scientists in biotechnology industries.
- Provide students with an understanding of technical components involved in moving developing technologies from the laboratory to commercial production.
- Introduce students to examples of new technologies under development and evaluate technical and other factors that contribute to potential success of a new product.