Welcome to the Human Resources page for the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at Michigan State University.
- Faculty & Academic Staff Hiring
- Support Staff Policies & Procedures
- New Faculty & Academic Staff Materials
- New Staff Materials
- Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Performance Excellence
- Emergency Safety & Health
- Other Resources
- Reappointment, Tenure and Promotion Information
- Updated Consensual Amorous or Sexual Relationships with Students Policy
As part of the University’s ongoing commitment to provide a safe, respectful environment for learning and working, a new Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct Policy was implemented effective January 1, 2015.
Each major administrative unit was asked to appoint a contact person to serve as a liaison with the Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives. Questions, concerns or situations relative to Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct should be coordinated through these liaisons, as follows:
Suzanne Lang – for anyone appointed in a CANR Academic and/or administrative unit. email@example.com or 517-353-8589
Jessica Nakfour– for anyone appointed in one of the four MSUE institutes or the MSUE Director’s office. firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-432-7617
Mary Weinzweig– for anyone appointed in AgBioResearch. email@example.com or 517-355-0123
For help with Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence or Stalking, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity. You may use the link below for details on how to contact them.
See the MSU Title IX site for more on programs and initiatives designed to create and maintain a campus culture that is free from gender discrimination, sexual harassment and violence and disability discrimination.
Additionally, the CANR has pulled together a list of Support Resources for Sexual Assault and Relationship Misconduct applicable to students, faculty and staff.
In addition to the University Termination guidelines there are CANR termination guidelines. The guidelines are below.
EMPLOYEE TERMINATION CHECKLIST
Additional Items to Remember
- Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let ANR Tech Services know the ANR account needs to be stopped. Please include employee name, unit, NetID, and last day worked.
- For retirees, if they are continuing to work part time after retirement, ANR account should be maintained.
- If employee is moving to a new unit within CANR, ANR account should be maintained.
- Submit Delete User ARM form, listing all three org numbers if applicable (10002…..10057…..10058…..).
- Submit ARM form and spreadsheet to IT Services removing user from SAP workflow, if applicable.
- If this is not done immediately, user will continue to receive actions in their task list once they have moved to a new unit.
- Remember to change workflow in all three org numbers.
- Inform college if employee should be removed from any ANR e-mail distribution lists (i.e. HR Reps list, Budgeteers list).
**Detailed termination-separation checklist can be found on MSU Human Resources website at: https://www.hr.msu.edu/policies-procedures/support-staff/support-staff-handbook/ss-handbook/term-sep-univ/term-sep_checklist.html
Performance Excellence is a performance management process designed to meet the needs of individuals and the university. Every staff member contributes to the overall success of CANR and MSU. All staff members, no matter how skilled, need to keep learning. Both supervisors and employees have a responsibility to participate and engage with this process.
- Performance Excellence -- About the Process
- Required Training and Learning Opportunities
- Performance Excellence page for Employees
- Employees Tips & Tools
- Performance Excellence page for Supervisors
- Supervisor Tips & Tools
- Performance Excellence Forms