Published on September 1, 2019
A decision tool to help decide between ARC and PLC by crop and farm. Contains built-in information from each county to help farmers make decisions for each individual farm for corn, wheat and soybeans.
Making the Most of the 2018 Farm Bill Commodity Provisions is a statewide series of educational sessions conducted in cooperation with local Farm Service Agency offices.
Cash Flow Planning
- Irrigation Capital Investment Model (2013; Betz, MSU)
- Greenhouse Capital Investment Calculator (2013; Betz, MSU)
- Asparagus Mechanical Harvesting with Siler Harvester (2014; Werling & Talley, MSU)
Crop Insurance Decisions
- Evaluating Taking Prevented Planting Payments for Corn (2013; Schnitkey, U-IL)
- Crop Insurance Decisions, ACRE presentation (2013; Betz, MSU)
- Crop Insurance Decisions, 2014 Farm Bill presentation (2014; Betz, MSU)
- Understanding the Economics of Tile Drainage (2010; Hofstrand, ISU)
- Tile Drainage Investment Analysis spreadsheet (2010; Hofstrand, ISU)
- Pricing Corn Silage and Earlage from Immature Corn (2013; Black, Rust & Stein, MSU)