Great Lakes Canola Association
Clayton Ernst, President
4250 South Parker Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103-9318
(743) 662- 8993
The Great Lakes Canola Association (GLCA) was organized in 1999 to “Develop and maintain an economically viable Canola Industry in the Great Lakes Region.” Growing a Canola industry in the Great Lakes Region is moving along at a rapid pace. We are working on a number of efforts to enhance the probability of a viable Great Lakes Canola Industry. One of our goals is to communication our priorities with industry and Agency partners so we are al pulling in the same direction.
The GLCA would like to partner with MSU AgBioResearch in accomplishing our mission through the following research priorities:
1. Provide educational programs and opportunities for our members, constituency groups and the general public on production, processing and utilization of canola.
2. Develop canola production throughout the region by supporting current and potential growers in the following manner:
3. Engage partners to work with the GLCA to foster value enhancement opportunities that increase profitability in the following areas:
4. Advocate on behalf of the Canola industry with state and federal agencies with regard to legislation, regulations and product registrations whenever applicable.
5. Provide technical assistance to agriculture and industry manufacturers in the technical aspects of marketing analysis, engineering and processing design.
6. Provide technical assistance to agriculture and industry manufacturers in the implementation of processing and retailing Canola products.