As we age, our needs and health concerns evolve. Whether you're looking for a tai chi class or how to get a better night's sleep, MSU Extension offers a wide variety of programs and resources to help older adults.
Offerings and programs include:
- The Sleep Education for Everyone Program (SLEEP), which helps older adults build better sleep habits.
- Classes focused on staying active, preventing falls and improving balance, like Tai Chi for Arthritis and Falls Prevention and A Matter of Balance.
- Mindfulness education, through the Mindfulness for Better Living suite of programs and Stress Less with Mindfulness.
- Programs on preventing and managing chronic pain, diabetes and other illnesses, like Chronic Disease PATH, Chronic Pain PATH and Diabetes PATH.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers, which equips family caregivers with the skills and support they need to take care of themselves as well.
- Resources specific to older adults, such as the Making Healthy Choices 60+ video library, which brings trusted, evidence-based nutrition information directly to seniors.
- Other programs on managing and preventing chronic diseases, such as diabetes, and much more.