Taking care of a loved one, whether an aging parent or a chronically ill child, is among the most precious gifts we can give. But caregivers face a unique set of challenges, from burnout to feelings of guilt.
MSU Extension offers a wide variety of programs and resources to support caregivers as they help their friends, family members, neighbors and children.
Offerings and programs include:
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers, which equips family caregivers with the skills and support they need to take care of themselves as well.
- Classes to help support the health of older adults, such as the Sleep Education for Everyone Program (SLEEP), which helps older adults build better sleep habits, or falls prevention classes like Tai Chi for Arthritis and Falls Prevention and A Matter of Balance.
- Mindfulness education, through the Mindfulness for Better Living suite of programs and Stress Less with Mindfulness.
- Programs on preventing and managing chronic pain, diabetes and other illnesses, like Chronic Disease PATH, Chronic Pain PATH and Diabetes PATH.
- Other programs on managing and preventing chronic diseases, such as diabetes, and much more.