Consensus Building Institute’s Stacie Smith to speak at SPDC Industry Seminar Series in October
Smith, associate managing director and a senior mediator at the Consensus Building Institute will present on “Building Consensus through Collaboration in Difficult Settings and Diverse Communities.”
The MSU School of Planning, Design and Construction is hosting the 15th SPDC Industry Seminar Series Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019, at the Innovation Center in East Lansing.
The featured speaker is Stacie Smith, associate managing director and a senior mediator at the Consensus Building Institute. She will present on “Building Consensus through Collaboration in Difficult Settings and Diverse Communities.”
Smith has more than 18 years of experience as a mediator, facilitator, coach, trainer and researcher on a broad range of public issues in the U.S. and internationally.
Her work includes assessment, facilitation and mediation of multi-sector community and national stakeholder dialogues, disputes and collaborations; training and curriculum design for international, national and local government entities, and NGOs and schools; and research and writing on collaboration on public policy issues.
Smith specializes in facilitating highly complex and contentious multi-party disputes around substantively challenging technical issues, where identities, values and interests intertwine. She brings significant expertise in environment issues (land use, water, energy), historic and cultural resources, tribal and indigenous peoples, and education.
The SPDC Industry Seminar Series consists of lectures by invited speakers who are industry leaders in the Built Environment profession. Past presenters include:
- Ron Boji of The Boji Group;
- Jay Smith at The Christman Company;
- Bob and Karen Schroeder of Mayberry Homes;
- Pat Gillespie of the Gillespie Group;
- Joseph Maguire of Wolverine Development Corporation and of the Society of Environmentally Responsible Facilities (SERF);
- Peter Riguardi of JLL’s New York Tri-State Region;
- Douglas Maibach of Barton Malow;
- Scott Adams from the City of Las Vegas;
- Samuel Cummings from CWD Real Estate Investment;
- Alan Scott from Alan F Scott, Inc.;
- Mark Bell of Harbor Bay Real Estate;
- James Litwin of Harbor Bay Real Estate;
- Desiree Davis from Ryan Homes;
- Bernard Glieberman from HRS Communities;
- Karen Schroeder from Mayberry Homes; and
- Michael Stoskopf from the Home Builders Association of Southeastern Michigan.
This event is free and open to the public. The lecture will take place from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 300 in the Innovation Center. A reception follows the event.
Did you find this article useful?