The public is invited to learn about the research work of Michigan State University around the state during the upcoming 2019 MSU AgBioResearch field days.
A variety of topics will be discussed, including livestock research and the latest in pest and disease management of fruits, dry beans, sugar beets and wine grapes.
The dates are:
- The Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center is hosting its annual Viticulture Field Day Thursday, June 13, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Researchers will discuss topics such as grape vine trunk diseases, methods of vineyard recovery after cold damage, and biopesticides. The center is located at 1791 Hillandale Road in Benton Harbor. Please call 269-944-1477 for more information.
- The Montcalm Research Center is hosting a potato field day Thursday, Aug. 8. The center is located at 4629 W. McBrides Road in Lakeview. Please call 989-365-3473 for more information.
- The Upper Peninsula Research and Extension Center is hosting a field day Saturday, Aug. 10, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. It will be an opportunity for the public to learn about crop and livestock research conducted at both the South and North Farm facilities. The center is located at E3774 University Dr. in Chatham. Please call 906-439-5114 for more information.
- The Clarksville Research Center is hosting a field day Wednesday, Aug. 14. The center is located at 9302 Portland Road in Clarksville. Please call 616-693-2193 for more information.
- The Saginaw Valley Research and Extension Center is hosting a sugar beet field day Thursday, Aug. 22 and a dry bean field day Tuesday, Aug. 27. The center is located at 3775 S. Reese Road in Frankenmuth. Please call 989-652-8014 for more information.
- The Northwest Michigan Horticulture Research Center is celebrating its 40th anniversary Friday, Aug. 23, from 3 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The event will feature live bands, a silent auction, grower contests, yard games, a social hour, dinner and dancing. The center is located at 6686 S. Center Highway in Traverse City. Please call 231-946-1510 for more information.
- The Trevor Nichols Research Center is hosting a field day Tuesday, Oct. 1, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. to discuss current MSU research on fruit pests and diseases. The center is located at 6237 124th Avenue in Fennville. Please call 269-561-5040 for more information.
MSU has a network of 14 research and extension centers around the state that support leading research in agriculture and natural resources. For more information on the centers, visit canr.msu.edu/research/centers.