With more than 5000 alumni, 800 undergraduates, 80 graduate students, and nearly 80 faculty members, the Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics (AFRE) prepares the next generation of economists and managers to meet the needs of the food, agricultural, and natural resource system in Michigan and around the world.
The Center for World University Rankings ranked AFRE fourth in the world for its excellence in the agricultural and applied economics profession.
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc) has ranked AFRE first in the world for its excellence in developing and publishing impactful research papers and articles.
- 95 percent of recent graduates get an industry-relevant job after graduation.
- Three undergraduates majors tailor to industries and interests including, Agribusiness Management, Food Industry Management, and Environmental Economics and Management.
- Excellent graduate programs with several areas of specialization, a job placement committee, and notable alumni.
- Top of the line faculty members who serve as industry experts across the world, generate impactful research, and teach both undergraduates and graduates, and participate in extension activities.
Learn more about our department in our brochure.