Camden Endowed Teacher/Scholar Award
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the Howard and Lili Camden Endowed Teacher/Scholar Award. The purpose of this award is to acknowledge quality teaching in CANR.
Candidates must have five or more years of teaching service in CANR. Tenure system and fixed-term faculty, academic specialists and instructors are eligible. Departmental Advisory/Awards Committees and individual faculty members may submit nomination packets. Students should contact their department or school awards committee for assistance in preparing a nomination.
Nomination packets should address EACH of the six (6) following areas, with packets limited to no more than four (4) pages excluding supporting letters (if included). Please include no more than four (4) letters of support. Unsigned letters should not be included in review packets.
NOTE: There is NO form for this award. Please do not use New or Established Teacher forms as part of the nomination materials.
The inclusion of the below six (6) areas are meant to be headers in nomination materials that include supporting reflection and specific teaching examples.
- Candidate has a demonstrated teaching record that has helped students gain skills conducive to problem-solving and the use of common sense.
- Candidate has developed innovative teaching methods and/or materials and has successfully applied these at MSU.
- Candidate has taught a significant number of undergraduate and/or graduate courses.
- Candidate demonstrates mentoring inside and outside the classroom.
- Candidate is respected by CANR constituent groups through professional involvements and/or recognitions.
- Candidate has demonstrated instructional excellence, scholarly achievement and professional linkages.
Award recipients will be recognized at the annual CANR Faculty/Staff Awards event with a citation, plaque and monetary award. This award may only be received once.
Deadline to Apply
The deadline for the receipt of application materials is February 22, 2019. Email one (1) PDF copy of the nomination packet to Lisa Duffey at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Camden.
Please contact Dr. Kelly Millenbah with questions or concerns at email@example.com or 517-355-0234.
- Janice Siegford (ANS)
- Amber Peters (FW)
- Daniel Hayes (FW)
- Larry Zink (AFRE)
- Paul Nieratko (SPDC)
- Gretchen Hill (ANS)
- Lorraine Weatherspoon (FSHN)
- Joe Domecq (ANS)
- Janice Harte (FSHN)
- John Shelle (ANS)
- Scott Winterstein (FW)
- David Hawkins (ANS)
- Judith Whipple (AFRE)