The Plant Biotechnology Resource and Outreach Center
What the PBROC does:
- Develops transformation technologies for specialty and orphan crops.
- Provides contract services in plant micropropagation, transformation, and molecular fingerprinting under a contract agreement.
- Develops new strategies for engineering the next generation of genetically modified (GM) crops.
- Presents seminars and training in environmental biosafety.
By working with the plant's basic genetic material, scientists are working to:
- Make plants more useful and beneficial to consumers.
- Increase field and postharvest resistance to pests and diseases.
- Identify and engineer novel traits to enhance productivity.
- Support a sustainable agro-ecosystem.
See www.ptc.msu.edu for more information.
1066 Bogue St East Lansing, MI 48824