Questions to Ask: Objectives
You should already have these. If you don’t, now is the time to develop them. If you have them, then you need to consider if any will change and how they can be reached given a new mode of delivery and any limitations that accompany it. In an ideal world, the learning objective would determine what learning method or delivery mode is used, but in reality, practical considerations can impact the feasibility of objectives.
- What is your overall goal? What are the specific learning objectives supporting this goal?
- What activities and resources currently support each goal for your program as it is now?
- Will any of this change? Can/Should any of this change?
- Can each objective be reached using a different online format? Which formats would best align to each objective?
- See p. 2 of “A Crash Course on Converting to the Virtual Classroom”
- Can and should participants learn from each other?