Farmer Perspectives on Farm to Institution in MichiganDOWNLOAD FILE
In 2015, Michigan farmers were interviewed about their experiences and perceptions of selling to institutions. Farmers were motivated by both economic and social factors, but found identifying and communicating with institutional buyers to be a challenge. This document summarizes results and compares findings to a 2012 survey on the same topic.
This brief is authored by:
- Megan Thompson, MSU Center for Regional Food Systems
- Hui (Chloe) Qian, MSU Dept of Sociology
- Kathryn Colasanti, MSU Center for Regional Food Systems
- Colleen Matts, MSU Center for Regional Food Systems
- Stephen Gasteyer, MSU Dept of Sociology