Ed Tech Resources for Online/Blended Courses
Blended/Online Course Development Resources
- NEW! Storyboard Learning Objective Outline: This template is a guide for developing an outline for a course or program based on learning objectives/outcomes.
- Course Development Checklist: This checklist is a great resource for individuals or teams to use when they are at the planning stages of developing an online or blended course.
- Course Development Flowchart: This document gives an overview of a process for developing an online or blended course including the following five stages: 1) Define 2) Plan 3) Build 4) Test/Refine 5) Launch 6) Evaluate/Improve.
- Sample Course Outline: This document shows a sample course outline. A useful exercise when developing an online course is to work through a course outline with various subject matter experts.
- Storyboard Example #1: This is a storyboard which is useful when developing text based online courses with activities, assessments, and graphics.
- Storyboard Example #2: This storyboard is useful when developing an interactive online course.
- Review Process Template: This sample review process document can be used in the peer, beta and pilot testing phases of courses.
Creative Commons Licensing
- Overview of Creative Commons Licensing: Learn about how creative commons licensing can help disseminate your work and serve as a tool for the re-use of external resources when building a curriculum.
- Creative Commons License Chooser Tool: This tool can be used for identifying a creative commons license for your work. It will give you an image which can be embedded in a web page or within a content item.
Effective Teaching Techniques
Online Badging at Michigan State University
- Michigan State University Badging System: Online badges signify accomplishments of something such as completing a course or achieving a skill. Michigan State University has created an online badging system for face-to-face attendance and for achievements in online courses. Badges are not academic records but can be utilized as an incentive for course completion.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Badges: An overview of online badging and higher eduction (article by EDUCAUSE).