The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources offers a multitude of career opportunities at a variety of levels:
- Work-study positions
- Part-time student positions
- Part-time student research/lab positions
Job Opportunities & Resources
The CANR uses Handshake for all student job postings. As employers contact the CANR, they are also directed to post jobs and internships to Handshake.
Handshake is the MSU online career management tool that students can use from their freshman year through up to two years after graduation.In addition to using the job search features, students can post their resumes for employers to search potential candidates.
The MSU Career Services Network offers more information on:
Career Fairs: Internships & Jobs
Many employers that recruit College of Agriculture and Natural Resources students chose to recruit at career fairs.Our advice is to attend every career fair early in your college career.
Depending on the industry, employers will recruit freshman and sophomores for internships that could eventually lead to jobs after graduation.
The Career Services Network lists upcoming career fairs. Some specific fairs the CANR students may want to attend include:
- MSU Student job and Internship Fair (all students/majors: early September)
- Science, Agriculture, Food, Environment, Packaging and Health Career Fair (late September)
- Construction Management Career Fair (early October)
- Diversity Career Fair (all students/all majors: January)
- Packaging Career Fair (late January)
- Natural Resources, Environmental and Sustainability Fair (February)
Please contact the CANR Career Network Services liaison Jill Cords at 517-355-0234 or email@example.com with any questions.