Meat Marketing Series: Inventory Management Through Buffers
February 20, 2017 - Author: Nick McCann, Noel Bielaczyc
Inventory management is a key factor in building any meat business, and buffering inventory is a simple way for small businesses to make inventory decisions that can lead to increased revenue, better return on investment, and lower operating costs.
In this guide, you will find:
- A discussion of the prerequisites for a successful inventory management strategy
- A definition of the concept of buffering
- A step-by-step explanation of buffering
- An example of buffered inventory management in practice
This guide is authored by:
- Nick McCann, Good Food Fund Value Chain Specialist, MSU Center for Regional Food Systems
- Noel Bielaczyc, Value Chain Specialist, MSU Center for Regional Food Systems
This publication was produced with the support of the United States Department of Agriculture’s, Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (USDA AFRI), AFRI award number 2014-68006-21870.