PhD, Michigan State University, 2016
MA, Central Michigan University, 2013
BA, Alma College 2011
HNF 102 - Dietary Supplements: Evidence vs. Hype
HNF 250 - Contemporary Issues in Human Nutrition
HNF 250L - Professional Development and Career Planning in Nutrition
HNF 385 - Public Health Nutrition
HNF 485 - Advanced Public Health Nutrition
Nutritional Sciences Experiential Learning Coordinator
Dr. Becker is the chair of the undergraduate Nutritional Sciences curriculum committee at Michigan State University.
Cardiovascular disease risk factors and health behaviors among rural populations, pediatric cardiovascular disease, health intervention programs, public health, epidemiology, sports nutrition, exercise physiology
- Becker T, Porth O, Contreras D. Differences in Nutrition and Physical Activity Behaviors Between Midwestern Rural and Urban Adults. J Hunger Environ Nutr. 2020.
- Al-Farhan AK, Becker TB, Petushek E, Weatherspoon L, Carlson JJ. Reliability of Block Food Frequency Questionnaire translated to Arabic and adapted for Kuwaiti children. Nutrition. 2021.
- Gibbs RL, Becker TB. An evidence-based sports nutrition curriculum for youth. Sport Journal. 2021.
- Becker TB, Lucas J, Li W, Fenton JI. Redesign and process of reforming an existing undergraduate Nutritional Sciences program. Adv Physiol Educ. 2020;44(4):570-578.
- Wisnieski L, Norby B, Pierce SJ, Becker T, Sordillo LM. Prospects for predictive modeling of transition cow diseases. Anim Health Res Rev. 2019;20(1):19-30.
- Wisnieski L, Norby B, Pierce SJ, Becker T, Gandy JC, Sordillo L.M. Cohort-level disease prediction by extrapolation of individual-level predictions in transition dairy cattle. Prev Vet Med. 2019;169:104692.
- Wisnieski L, Norby B, Pierce SJ, Becker T, Gandy JC, Sordillo LM. Cohort-level disease prediction using aggregate biomarker data measured at dry-off in transition dairy cattle: a proof-of-concept study. Prev Vet Med. 2019; 169:1-12.
- Wisnieski L, Norby B, Pierce S, Becker T, Gandy J, Sordillo L. Predictive models for early lactation diseases in transition dairy cattle at dry-off. Prev Vet Med. 2019;163:68-78
- Al-Farhan AK, Kemnic T, Becker T, Caine-Bish N, Burzminski N, Gordon K. Changes in dietary behavior of Arab international students in the US. J Food Sci Nutr. 2018;4(1):1-14
Published on December 6, 2018
Published on November 1, 2018
Published on September 6, 2018
Published on September 4, 2018
Published on August 12, 2018
Published on July 10, 2018
Published on May 22, 2018
Published on April 16, 2018
Evidence-Based Physical Activity Recommendations Part 3: Train to improve cardiovascular performance
Published on November 1, 2017