Michigan Wine Industry Research & Education Priories List 2018
Research & Education Strategic Directions
- Pest & Disease Detection and Control.
- Sustainable Vineyard & Winery Practices to increase positive Environmental Impact.
- Grapevine Selection & Improvement for Michigan climatic conditions.
- Vine Health for Maximum Survival & Fruit Quality.
- Improve Understanding of Viticultural and environmental conditions on Grape & Wine Quality.
- Introduction of mechanization and Automation to current Production & Management Systems.
- Communicate Fundamental knowledge on production principles and best practices to winegrowers and winemakers.
- Workforce Development Programs encompassing training and education for the entire employment spectrum – to include all ages and functions.
- Extension & Outreach to improve communication and education to all interested growers.
Updated November 2018