Prima Civitas co-sponsors 2014 Built Environment Showcase
The Michigan State University School of Planning, Design, and Construction (SPDC) and its partners will co-host the second Built Environment Showcase on Friday, Nov. 7.
October 16, 2014
BY: Prima Civitas
The Michigan State University School of Planning, Design, and Construction (SPDC) and its partners will co-host the second Built Environment Showcase on Friday, Nov. 7 at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center at Michigan State University in East Lansing. Among the event's sponsors include Prima Civitas, MSU SPDC, MSU Land Policy Institute (LPI), the Michigan State Housing and Development Authority (MSHDA), Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), and MSU Auxiliary Enterprises.
Key leaders from the Built Environment - industries, state and federal government, state agencies, investment companies, and MSU representatives - will gather to discuss ways to increase partnerships, economic development and placemaking opportunities. Prima Civitas CEO Arnold Weinfeld will moderate a session during the event.
The Built Environment Showcase is open to the public and registration is available online. Cost to attend is $25 and includes meals, refreshments, validated parking, and accompanying event materials. Questions about registration may be directed to Robert Krusky at email@example.com, or call 517-353-3054.
Confirmed plenary session speakers include the following:
- Dr. Charles Ballard - Michigan's leading economist from the MSU Department of Economics
- Ron Boji - President, the Boji Group
- Alan Cobb - President & CEO, Albert Kahn Family of Companies
- Katharine Czarnecki - Director of Community Development, MEDC
- Vennie Gore - VP, MSU Auxiliary Enterprises
- Gary Heidel - Chief Placemaking Officer, MSHDA (moderator)
- Congressman Dan Kildee
- Joseph Maguire - President & CEO, Wolverine Development Corporation and the Society of Environmentally Responsible Facilities (moderator)
- Jason Paulateer - VP Community Investment Banking and Market Manager, PNC Financial Services
- Dr. Lou Anna K. Simon - President, MSU
- Suzanne Schulz - Director, City of Grand Rapids Planning Department
- James Tischler - Director of Community Development, MSHDA
- Christina Tracy - VP & Senior Community Development Banker, Huntington Bank
- Arnold Weinfeld - CEO & Chair of the Board, Prima Civitas (moderator)
- Chip Windisch - Assistant VP, Lake Michigan Financial Corporation
- Scott G. Witter - Director, MSU SPDC; Interim Director, MSU Land Policy Institute
- Sharon Woods - Founding Principal & Target Market Analysis Team Leader, LandUse USA
- Mark Wyckoff - Senior Associate Director, LPI; Director, Planning & Zoning Center at MSU
In addition, a vendor showcase will be available throughout the day in which industry exhibitors and professionals will share how their work is positively impacting the Built Environment and Michigan's economic development. This will offer participants the opportunity to network with representatives from state agencies, MSU and industry firms in this sector.