There are many scholarship opportunities for students, including through MSU and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR).
To see what other scholarships you might be eligible for broadly, visit MSU's scholarship search website.
The CANR Office of Academic and Student Affairs oversees and administers several scholarships that students can apply for each spring. (The 2022 application/spring call closed on March 1, 2022.)
This one application enables students to apply for multiple scholarships at once.
The scholarship application matches students eligibility with the different criteria for various scholarships provided by generous CANR donors and organizations.
NOTE: In many cases, students will also need to submit an essay and reach out to references for letters of recommendation.
The CANR Scholarship Application is open to:
- High school students who have been admitted to MSU affiliated with programs in the CANR.
- Current MSU undergraduate students affiliated with programs in the CANR.
- Current MSU graduate students affiliated with programs in the CANR.
- Current MSU IAT students.
If you have questions, email email@example.com.
Open CANR Scholarships
There are no entries at this time.
Other Scholarships & Funding
Some scholarships and funding is available to students based on participation in 4-H and FFA. Different counties and states may also have other scholarship offerings.
- 4-H Scholarships (Michigan)
- 4-H Foundation Scholarships (Michigan)
- State FFA Degree Completer Program (Michigan)
CANR units and departments also offer many scholarships and funding opportunities for incoming and already established students, in both our two- and four-year programs.
Some CANR scholarships and funding are based on majors and some have broader criteria.
CANR Scholarships & Funding
- CANR Alumni Association Scholarships
- CANR Education Abroad Scholarships & Financial Aid
- CANR Undergraduate Research Program Funding
CANR Department/Major Scholarships & Funding
- Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics
- Animal Science
- Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering
- Community Sustainability
- Fisheries and Wildlife
- Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences
- Planning, Design and Construction
External Funding Opportunities
Gordon and Norma Guyer Public Policy Internship Award - Students in any major are eligible to receive scholarships in the Gordon and Norma Guyer Endowed Internship Program; students must arrange to be employed in a public policy related internship and enroll for MSU internship credit. Scholarships of $1,000 will be applicable toward's a student's tuition; students receiving a scholarship are expected to participate in a program orientation session before the internship begins. Mandatory orientation session for SUMMER 2022 recipients is scheduled for Thursday, April 28, 2022 @ 5:30PM EST via Zoom. Please be sure you are able to attend this session.
There are several competitive, invite-only scholarships through MSU and CANR.