- The capital and main city is Accra
- The official language is English
- Area: 92,500 sq mi (approx. the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 27 million in 2014
- Climate: The country has a tropical climate with a wet and dry season. It is very hot as it is near to the equator.
Fun Fact: Ghana is the world’s second largest producer of Cocoa Beans
Main Research Themes
- Agrifood System Transformation
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
Publications and Presentations
Pesticide Emergency Use Authorization: An Underutilized Tool for Controlling Invasive Pests in Africa
Published on November 3, 2020
Luis Suguiyama, Steven Haggblade, Joseph E. Huesing, Regina Eddy, Shavonn R. Whiten, and Dan McGrath, 2020. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 124.
Published on October 13, 2020
Véronique Thériault, Wayne Jiang, Amadou Diarra, Steven Haggblade, Joseph Edmund, Joseph Ipou Ipou, and Abdramane Traore, 2020. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Paper 180.
Published on December 4, 2018
T. S. Jayne, M. Muyanga, F.K. Yeboah, A. Aromolaran, A. Chapoto, T. Shonhe, F. Dzanku, N. Mdoe and A. Wineman, APRA Annual Research Review and Planning Workshop University of Ghana, December 4, 2018
Published on November 23, 2018
Milu Muyanga, T. S. Jayne, Kwame Yeboah, Ayala Wineman, Antony Chapoto, Divan Vanderwesthuisen, Presentation at International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) - Kenya Nairobi, November 23, 2018
Published on September 25, 2018
F. Kwame Yeboah & Thomas S. Jayne, Keynote Address at the Annual Conference of GIZ’s Green Innovation Centers Cotonou, Benin September 25, 2018