- The capital and main city is Lilongwe.
- The official language is English
- Area: 45,747 sq mi (approx. 1/2 the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 18 million in 2016
- Climate: Malawi has a sub-tropical climate, which is relatively dry and seasonal
Fun Fact: Malawi is home to the third largest lake in Africa, Lake Malawi. It is known to be a "hot spot of biodiversity," with its deep clear waters and varied habitats containing the largest number of fish species of any lake in the world.
Main Research Themes
- Input Use and Market Development
- Policy Research and Capacity Building
- Sustainable Agricultural Intensification
- Training and Capacity Building
- Value Chain Analysis
- Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship
Published on September 6, 2018
Malawi FODS are "an important milestone for the agriculture commercialization objective of the Ministry."