- The capital and main city is Port-au-Prince
- The official languages are Haitian Creole & French
- Area: 10,710 sq mi (approx. 1/10 the size of the State of Michigan)
- Population approx. 11 million in 2016
- Climate: Haiti generally has a hot and humid tropical climate. Also, subject to periodic droughts, floods and hurricanes.
Fun Fact: Haiti is the most mountainous nation in the Caribbean with peaks reaching over 8,000 ft. “Hayti” is the Indian name for the country which means, “land of the mountains”
Publications and Presentations
There are no entries at this time.